POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? : Re: Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open usenet servers?
From: scott
Date: 7 Oct 2009 03:33:25
Message: <4acc4445@news.povray.org>
>  Does anyone know of good, open usenet servers which I could use (ie.
> accessible from Finland)? Ones which allow posting? I tried making a
> google search but it seems a bit hopeless.

About 5-10 years ago I started looking for the same, because the ISP we were
using had no news server.  There are a few that are free, but they come and
go and are certainly not reliable, luckily I still have this link in my
favourites, you might be able to find something here:

http://www.newsparrot.co.uk/

In the end I just gave up, the groups I frequented died out as people moved
to web-based forums and most posts seemed to be spam.  As Darren said, if
you really need it then the best bet would be to pay a small fee and have
fast, reliable access.