POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? : Re: Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open usenet servers?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Oct 2009 15:46:57
Message: <4accf031$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:28:17 -0400, Warp wrote:

> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>> In the end I just gave up, the groups I frequented died out as people
>> moved to web-based forums
>
>   Why do people do that?

Because the content they want is only available in web-based forums.

The lack of authentication typical of USENET means that many groups are
just full of spam now.

I don't disagree with you that moving everything to WWW is a bad idea,
but unfortunately, you and I don't get to make that decision for everyone.

Jim