POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ecomonics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Ecomonics (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Invisible
Subject: Ecomonics
Date: 22 Sep 2009 04:36:26
Message: <4ab88c8a$1@news.povray.org>
Ah yes, this morning our lab application has stopped working. Oh, well,
the application itself is running just fine, but the Oracle DB behind it
has stopped working. It claims it is unable to archive the online redo
logs, and all the logs are now full.

This exact same thing happenes about a month ago. The reason?
Unsufficient disk space.

Now, call me uncaring, but what the hell kind of server admin lets a
mission-critical DB used by the whole company globally grind to a halt
merely because it ran out of disk space?

Question: How much does an 80GB HD cost? How much does having 35
scientists standing around unable to do any work cost?

Is it just me??

Post a reply to this message