POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ecomonics : Re: Ecomonics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ecomonics
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Sep 2009 16:56:16
Message: <4ab939f0$1@news.povray.org>
> Let's say the electronics warehouse type store doesn't shelve drives
> smaller than about 160G, maybe up to 250G nowadays. Not in 3.5" size.

I go to ebuyer.com, and the very first entry in the catelogue (because I
have it sorted by price) is

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131311

I will admit, however, that it really *is* just about impossible to buy
40GB or 60GB drives any more.

>> I don't know what the exchange rate is currently, but I saw 1TB for
>> £170 or something. This is for an external HD, sold in a highstreet
>> shop, so I'm sure it can be found cheaper elsewhere.
>
> Yeah, I'm talking about a plain old 3.5" drive you'd plug into the
> computer. No box or external PS or anything like that. In any case, for
> £170 they could solve their backup problems way cheaper than hiring
> someone to work for a day cleaning things up.

Yeah, ebuyer has 1.5TB for about £80 (SATA).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/