POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 12:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Some conspiracy theories are right after all... (Message 24 to 33 of 133)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
Date: 3 Sep 2009 18:13:51
Message: <4aa03f9f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> http://www.theonion.com/content/news/conspiracy_theorist_convinces_neil
>
>   Wanna bet how many conspiracy theorists are going to completely ignore
> the reliability of the source and quote that article as fact?-)

You win.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_News&set_id=1&click_id=79&art_id=nw20090903102100719C618601

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Stephen
Date: 3 Sep 2009 18:45:04
Message: <obh0a5h1aqoih4vo9uetptf6hpr3fd6ata@4ax.com>
On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:57:43 -0500, Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:

>On 09/03/09 03:31, Warp wrote:
>>    If you think about it, you'll find some problems with that idea. As you
>> know, the Earth rotates. This means that one point on the surface of the
>> earth is in direct line-of-sight to the Moon for an average of 12 hours
>> per day. It's physically impossible for the NASA mission control center
>> to have a 24-hour direct link to the signals sent from the Moon.
>
>	Satellites?

IIRC Goonhilly in Cornwell (UK) was used as a relay. I've got a vague memory of
an American military base somewhere in Turkey being used too.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2009 20:56:10
Message: <4aa065aa$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
>>   Wanna bet how many conspiracy theorists are going to completely ignore
>> the reliability of the source and quote that article as fact?-)
>
> You win.

Google too.
http://picturehost.net/b0b/OnionOnGoogleNewsPage.jpg

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2009 07:40:41
Message: <4aa0fcb9@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood <tim### [at] anti-spamcomcastnet> wrote:
> >I warmly recommend you to read some debunking websites besides those hoax
> >theory websites. Then make an informed decision on whether the explanations
> >make sense and which possibility is more plausible.

> I'm not sure it's really worth my time, there's not going
> to be any proof that misplacing the tapes is incompetence
> as NASA claims, vrs intentional as I suspect.

  So because there's no absolute proof either way, you choose to believe
the most implausible explanation rather than the simpler, plausible one?
And this even in the light of everything else (mentioned in this thread
and all those debunkin sites).

  Again, think about the alternatives:

1) Due to bureucracy, carelessnes or whatever, they lost some material.
It's not like this kind of thing has never happened to any big organization.

2) There was a conspiracy and some of the material was faked, and everyone
involved and everyone who ever suspected foul play has kept quiet for the
past 40 years.

  Which explanation is more plausible to you?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message