POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  So women aren't attracted to you? (Message 90 to 99 of 129)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
Date: 30 Aug 2009 13:03:23
Message: <4a9ab0db$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> You can only be humiliated by yourself, not others.
>
> Pardon my French, but that's rather BS.

I suppose if you haven't learned not to be humiliated.

> Our emotions are affected by external stimuli.  In
> fact, pretty much entirely.  Even if it's an internalised reaction to
> something, the origin is external.

Humiliation, as an emotion, is internal. The external stimulus does not
necessarily make it occur.

It's no harder to avoid being humiliated by clowns making fun of you than it
is to not be frightened by horror movies.  You merely need to recognise and
internalize that the opinions of strangers who you don't know and will never
see again are irrelevant to you.

Similarly, you can be embarrassed you made a mistake, or you can accept that
you sometimes make mistakes and say "Oops, I made a mistake" and move on
with your life.

> Variances in brain chemistry only
> serve to augment things (even if vastly), not spontaneously generate
> from whole cloth.

I haven't any idea what that has to do with the topic.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe

Post a reply to this message