POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 31 Aug 2009 01:01:47
Message: <4a9b593b@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I still don't get the part where I'm talking to a complete stranger
>>> and NOT getting the crap kicked out of me...
>>
>> You see a couple of cute girls in a bar, you walk up to the group and
>> say, "Hey, how's it going?  Can I buy you and your friends a drink?"
>
> For some reason, last time I tried this, the girls kept looking sideways
> at each other and laughing at me...

On this side of the pond, two women walking into a bar together are not
always looking for a guy to chat one of them up. I can offer two
reasons, neither of which have anything to do with the guy:

They go to a bar to drink without a GUY picking them up.
They go to a bar to drink and dance without picking up anyone.

In either case, in their own minds it was obvious that they didn't want
a guy to talk to and so it was giggle-worthy. Conceited of them, probably.

If you want to chat with someone at a bar that is frequented by women
(as in more than one), find the one who is driving the rest home after
everyone else gets wasted. If a group wanders in, pick out the
designated driver and just talk. Try a joke at a drunken friend of your
owns expense, just so you don't accidentally insult her best friend.