POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Aug 2009 11:48:37
Message: <4a9bf0d5$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Does it? One can feel guilty without external stimulus, I'm sure.
>> Certainly one can be trained to feel guilty without specific
>> per-occurrence corroboration.
>
> I imagine that must be terribly confusing when you have that and stop to
> actually think about it.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  You can be taught to feel guilty for (say) eating
the wrong kinds of food together, or for looking at a pretty girl, or
something like that. The teacher doesn't have to be around to make you feel
guilty every time you look at a pretty girl. It's not confusing to you; you
just know it's wrong to look at pretty girls.

> Enough to incite a person to take an action to
> justify the guilty feeling.

Yeah, like teaching the next generation the same crap.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe