POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender hmmmm... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Blender hmmmm... (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Blender hmmmm...
Date: 6 Aug 2009 17:02:43
Message: <4a7b44f3$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> I partially buy that, but not the suggestion (often voiced by die hard
> Blender fans) that Blender's interface is optimized for 3D workflow and,
> say, that 3DSMax's is not.

I didn't mean to imply I thought that.  I have heard from professionals that
while lots of cheaper programs can do 95% of what they need, none of them
have the interface that makes the workflow easy.

Also, as programs get more complex and computers get more powerful, you
sometimes have to break from the tried-and-true to support more stuff, like
in that Office Ribbon design video I posted recently.

It's not really clear that the Blender coders did the kind of research
outside their own little shop that would make for a better interface. It
also means it can be a PITA for people who aren't doing production-level
animation stuff. I dreaded even trying to do something big, knowing that if
I needed to adjust something early in the flow to deal with a problem I
encountered late in the flow, there was a whole bunch of manual stuff I'd
have to redo from scratch.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."