POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender hmmmm... : Re: Blender hmmmm... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender hmmmm...
From: scott
Date: 7 Aug 2009 03:02:43
Message: <4a7bd193@news.povray.org>
> I think it depends on the application. If you spend 8 hours a day in
> blender

Imagine the horror! :-)

> (or photoshop, say), having an interface optimized for that work is
> probably better.

Sorry, but I fail to see how a cludgy text-based 80's file open interface
that doesn't even allow you to select network locations or change view
settings is "more optimised" than the standard Windows file open dialog.
It's surprising the number of times I use the "New Folder" and copy, paste,
rename options within standard file open and save dialogs.  Why did they
think it was necessary to stop the user doing this in Blender?

Or how pressing space instead of right button to open the menu (which then
follows some weird non-standard behaviour, like the items changing order) is
more optimised.  It's funny, I have used several pieces of professional 3D
CAD software (which are used by tens of thousands of people for 8 hours a
day) and yet none of them felt it necessary to reassign the standard Windows
operations like left click to select, right click for menu, F1 for help,
ctrl-left-click to multi-select or use their own file dialog boxes or menu
systems in order to make their program "more optimised".