POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of conspiracy theories (Message 11 to 20 of 133)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
Date: 30 Jul 2009 11:45:00
Message: <web.4a71be547dcf42585627c70@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I found this article at cracked.com a good read. It's a bit long and uses
> a bit vulgar style in some parts, but I warmly recommend you to read it.
>
> http://www.cracked.com/article_15740_was-911-inside-job.html
>
>   It's not a debunking article per se, but more of an opinion of why the
> conspiracy theorists are nuts. Especially the second page makes good points
> about why keeping a huge conspiracy like that is basically impossible: There
> simply are way too many people involved and too many witnesses who could
> blow up the whole thing with simple evidence (eg. by showing a paycheck by
> the government to keep them quiet).
>
>   The conspiracy theorists claim that all the people involved, who would
> could blow up the whole conspiracy, were paid by the government to keep
> quiet. As the article aptly puts it, how much money would *you* take in
> order to keep quiet about the murder of your family, friends or co-workers?
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

True statement: There are plenty of bona fide wackos out there alleging all
sorts of crazy conspiracies.

False statement: Anyone proposing that one or more persons in authority might be
abusing that authority and misusing the sometimes legitimate need for government
secrecy to obscure their misdeeds is automatically just one of those wackos.

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message