POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: andrel
Date: 31 Jul 2009 00:12:40
Message: <4A726F38.3080302@hotmail.com>
On 30-7-2009 22:08, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> So there is no reason to change my conclusion that the republican
>> party has accepted Obama as their president and are not using foul
>> play to remove him from power and/or cripple the administration simply
>> because he is from that other party.
>
> http://spectator.org/blog/2009/07/17/health-care-and-the-tea-partie
>
> http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/07/20/obama_pushes_back_against_talk.html

There may be some retrospective(*) religious inspired idea that health
care for poor people is inherently bad for the country but to me this
sort of 'reasoning' does indeed make no sense.

> Uh, no. Living here, I can guarantee you there's frequent "defeat obama
> even at the cost of the rest of america" going on pretty frequently.

I believe you, it is just that we here don't see that as often (i.e.
almost not at all). Perhaps because things like the above do not make
sense if you publish them in a Dutch newspaper, other than 'those silly
americans', and what is the news value of that?

*) first you have an idea and then you try to find a religious sounding
reasoning for it.