POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: andrel
Date: 30 Jul 2009 14:30:29
Message: <4A71E6C3.5080805@hotmail.com>
On 30-7-2009 13:56, John VanSickle wrote:
> Aside from a handful of people who think that our federal government is
> always up to something evil, no matter who is in office, a small number
> of people were afflicted with Bush Derangement Syndrome to such a degree
> that they believe him capable of anything evil.  In all fairness,
> conspiracy theories about Clinton abounded during his time in office as
> well.

IIRC there was a clear hatred in the republican party when Clinton came
in office right from the start. At least from where I live it seemed as
if they could not admit they had been defeated in the election and every
means to correct that was justified. With Bush you had the same problem,
but now in reverse. So I assumed that was the normal state of US
government presumably because if they would stop fighting they might
have to take decisions. US policy never seems to amaze because I have
not seen much hatred or personals attacks on Obama yet. The only
exception may be Dick Cheney, but he is desperately trying to stay out
of prison, so he does not count that much in my opinion.