POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Racism in the US (Message 46 to 55 of 105)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Racism in the US
Date: 12 Jul 2009 05:19:24
Message: <2kaj55hlkusedvqjpt6jv3vp8bkhmq37b1@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 03:20:36 -0400, John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom>
>> I think that your teacher may have been confusing jerry-rigged with
jerry-built
>> which is a slur against a certain English Jerry. Jerry-rigged is from WW2 and
>> applied to Allied equipment repaired using German parts.
>> To be honest, I have heard one phrase used by American oilmen that was a racial

>I have heard some people use the term "Afro-engineering," an attempt,
>evidently, at making a politically-correct racial slur.

No doubt we will be using that term soon instead of bodged job :(
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Jul 2009 11:32:01
Message: <4a5a01f1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

>>> Probably, I can imagine not all the laws were repealed especially when you don't
>>> want to talk about it.
>> Well, I meant to say that those laws are still in force, at least from my
>> reading of the article.
>
> Is it enforced? That is the important thing, really.

Yes. That's what I'm saying. At least, according the the article I read.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."