POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Warp
Date: 13 Jul 2009 08:07:31
Message: <4a5b2383@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
> > John VanSickle wrote:
> >> Whites predominate in ice hockey due to pervasive discrimination.
> >
> > I saw a very funny black comedian. He said he doesn't like hockey,
> > because it's a bunch of white guys skating around on white ice. "The
> > only black thing in the whole game is the puck."  He then went on to
> > point out how the best *golf* player is Tiger Woods.

> Who is, as most people know, Cablinasian, that is, a mixture of
> Caucasian, black, Native American, and asian.

  Yet many people just call him "black".

  Or take Barack Obama, for instance. Many people say he is "the first
black president of the US". No he, isn't. He is exactly as much white as
he his black.

  It somehow feels like being "black" is more inherited than being white.
I have heard that sometimes it goes so far that if one of your grandparents
was black (and everyone else white), you are still considered "black".

  I don't get it.

--
                                                          - Warp