POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: John VanSickle
Date: 13 Jul 2009 07:45:06
Message: <4a5b1e42$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> Whites predominate in ice hockey due to pervasive discrimination.
>
> I saw a very funny black comedian. He said he doesn't like hockey,
> because it's a bunch of white guys skating around on white ice. "The
> only black thing in the whole game is the puck."  He then went on to
> point out how the best *golf* player is Tiger Woods.

Who is, as most people know, Cablinasian, that is, a mixture of
Caucasian, black, Native American, and asian.

Some have gone so far as to argue that the reason Tiger is such a good
player is because he is a mixture of different racial groups, and that
the actual ingredients are actually moot.

There is some evidence in support of this.  A study of children in
Hawaii, specifically children who were of mixed Japanese and Caucasian
ancestry, revealed that their IQs were about points higher than the
average of their backgrounds.

In another study, it was revealed that after correcting for factors such
as wealth, the children born in America of Italian immigrants were on
average a few inches taller than their cohorts back in Italy.  It turned
out that the immigrants, while indeed marrying other Italian immigrants,
were often marrying someone who had not grow up in the next village
over, but on the other side of the country.  This alone broadened the
gene pool enough to ensure a significantly higher level of health among
the resultant children.

Regards,
John