POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jul 2009 11:44:12
Message: <4a5b564c$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Who is, as most people know, Cablinasian, that is, a mixture of
> Caucasian, black, Native American, and asian.

Yes, but in America, that makes you black.  Americans wants native american
(indian) land, so you had to be mostly indian to lay a claim to it. On the
other hand, Americans wanted black slaves, so if you're even a tiny bit
black, you're "black".

> Some have gone so far as to argue that the reason Tiger is such a good
> player is because he is a mixture of different racial groups, and that
> the actual ingredients are actually moot.

No. The reason he's good is he actually exercises and practices. He lifts
weights on his way to the competitions. Just look at him standing next to
Phil Michaelson. Plus, he's been doing it since he was like 3 years old.

Plus, of course, he has this awesome drive to not only win, but to kick your
butt while doing so.  Odd that he picked a sport as non-competitive as golf.

While I'm sure his genes may have had something to do with it, it's probably
a tiny part of his advantage, methinks.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."