POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Walking (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Walking
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:33:37
Message: <4a3d3991$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I might just do it. Thanks for the advice.

Sure. It was tremendously helpful for me. I got a cortizone shot too, but it
really was so bad that walking to the mailbox was painful, so YMMV. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:47:50
Message: <4a3d3ce6$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Excellent that is about 5 miles a day.
>> How do you figure that?
>
> Arithmetic? o_O

Presumably for that you'd need to know my mean step length and an
estimate of the standard deviation, at least...

>> I find that when I walk, my calves hurt down the front.
>
> Your shin?

Yeah. Or rather, the muscles down either side of the bone.

I wasn't aware I had muscles there...

> Crikey Andrew it is exercising muscles that are not used to it. :-)

...indeed.

8 hours of dancing: The tendons at the back of my legs knee hurt.

8 minutes of walking: The muscles on either side of my shin bones hurt.

8 minutes of skiing: EVERY FREAKING MUSCLE IN MY LEGS HURTS!!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:47:53 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> How do you figure that?
>>
>> Arithmetic? o_O
>
>Presumably for that you'd need to know my mean step length and an
>estimate of the standard deviation, at least...

No, 10,000 steps is about 5 miles.
--

Regards
     Stephen