POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking : Re: Walking Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:47:50
Message: <4a3d3ce6$1@news.povray.org>
>>>> Insert your conclusions here.
>>> Excellent that is about 5 miles a day.
>> How do you figure that?
>
> Arithmetic? o_O

Presumably for that you'd need to know my mean step length and an
estimate of the standard deviation, at least...

>> I find that when I walk, my calves hurt down the front.
>
> Your shin?

Yeah. Or rather, the muscles down either side of the bone.

I wasn't aware I had muscles there...

> Crikey Andrew it is exercising muscles that are not used to it. :-)

...indeed.

8 hours of dancing: The tendons at the back of my legs knee hurt.

8 minutes of walking: The muscles on either side of my shin bones hurt.

8 minutes of skiing: EVERY FREAKING MUSCLE IN MY LEGS HURTS!!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/