POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking : Re: Walking Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2009 10:35:01
Message: <web.4a72ffdcc46391d234ae7f580@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> As far as I can determine, the 10,000 step challenge is impossible.
> There aren't enough hours in the day available for walking to actually
> take that many steps...

Assuming you're going for a 12-hour day, that would be 4.32 seconds per step on
average. Not a particularly deadly pace. (Top marathon runners do roughly the
same number of steps in just a single hour!)

Then again, if your day is actually full of *office work* with much sitting
around to do, then this becomes a challenge indeed...