POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A wonderful example... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  A wonderful example... (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Darren New
Subject: A wonderful example...
Date: 22 May 2009 17:09:16
Message: <4a17147c@news.povray.org>
... of what I think is wrong with the whole C++ language/library design
methodology.  The whole "the compiler can't do X, and the compiler can't do
Y, so we'll add kludges to get around that fact so the programmer can tell
the compiler how to do what we want, rather than fixing the fact it can't do
X and can't do Y."  Of course, I understand the reasons X and Y don't get
fixed, but that doesn't make it more pleasant. :-)

http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/2009/05/21/unique_ptr-how-unique-is-it/

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)