POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A wonderful example... : Re: A wonderful example... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A wonderful example...
From: Warp
Date: 23 May 2009 14:34:18
Message: <4a1841a9@news.povray.org>
> I'm sorry you have such personal ego wrapped up in a programming
> language, but it's really not my intent to "harm" you by discussing
> shortcomings in various languages, even the ones you personally like.

  Do you seriously not see anything wrong with your behavioral pattern?

  Assume that there was a forum somewhere about some subject, let's say
for example about computer graphics, and that there was one or a few
POV-Ray enthusiasts there who like from time to time express why they
like POV-Ray so much. Then assume that there was someone who from time
to time started threads about the flaws of POV-Ray and why it's such an
inferior renderer compared to other more modern renderers, and one of the
main reasons why he chooses to point out flaws precisely in POV-Ray is
because of those few enthusiasts. He knows that he is going to taunt
those enthusiasts, but nevertheless he continues making those posts,
even though they really aren't all that relevant.

  That kind of behavior would get old rather fast. What would be the point?

  You might think that *I* am obsessed with such a thing as some programming
language, but perhaps you should really look into the mirror sometime and
ponder exactly why you are continuing to make these posts which you *know*
are going to be inflammatory.

  Yes, I have bashed Java and Windows and a few other things really bad.
However, I do not regularly start threads for the sole reason of pointing
out flaws in those things (or at least I don't remember doing so in many,
many years). When some discussion about the subject pops up, then I might
express my strong opinion, but I'm not on a quest to belittle those things.

--
                                                          - Warp