POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chaos continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  The chaos continues (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: The chaos continues
Date: 21 May 2009 02:05:46
Message: <4a14ef3a$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> Here in Virginia--near the 'buckle of the Bible-belt' in the USA, and
> ultra-conservative--head shops are a definite no-no.  Even selling something
> that looks like it *might* be used as a bong is now against the law!!

As far as I remember from high school, that seems like it would include
just about everything.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 May 2009 02:10:56
Message: <4a14f070$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Only in America... o_O
>
> No, go read "This term has always bothered me" thread.
>
> Only in the *United States*!

Would listening to "I am not an American" by the Arrogant Worms suffice?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Paul Fuller
Date: 21 May 2009 03:23:58
Message: <4a15018e@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> So today I finally got around to modifying my program to the point where
> you can *change* the arrangement of magnets without having to recompile
> the program. (The colouring scheme, however, is still hard-coded. In
> particular, if you move the magnets around, the colouring does *not*
> adjust to match.)
>
> The attached image shows what happens if you change the green magnet
> from 1/r to 1/r^2 attraction, while leaving everything else the same. As
> you can see, pretty mental stuff ensues...

How about colouring it differently ?

The primary colours are obvious - Hey I have three attractors, I'll make
them R, G, B !  The outcome is hardly pleasing though.

I think it might look much better with more subtle choices.  Yellow (or
Gold) and Blue through Purple mixes perhaps.  Make two of the attractors
similar and the third one a contrasting colour.

Hopefully you can keep the calculation already done and just render it
quickly to try different schemes.  Make a render front-end with colour
sliders.

This from someone who spent ages in FractInt playing with colour schemes
and colour cycling.

Post a reply to this message