POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chaos continues : Re: The chaos continues Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:58:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The chaos continues
From: Warp
Date: 21 May 2009 03:28:09
Message: <4a150289@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller <pgf### [at] optusnetcomau> wrote:
> The primary colours are obvious - Hey I have three attractors, I'll make
> them R, G, B !  The outcome is hardly pleasing though.

  Yes, pure color components never look very pleasing to the eye. Even if
you want to use red, green and blue, always mix a bit of the other components
into them as well! Rather than pure red, use a red with a slightly orange
tint in it. Rather than pure green, use a green with a slightly yellowish
tint. And so on. When you mix a tiny bit of pastel tints into your primary
colors, they immediately become more pleasing to the eye.

--
                                                          - Warp