POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chaos continues : Re: The chaos continues Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The chaos continues
From: Invisible
Date: 21 May 2009 04:00:08
Message: <4a150a08$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Paul Fuller <pgf### [at] optusnetcomau> wrote:
>> The primary colours are obvious - Hey I have three attractors, I'll make
>> them R, G, B !  The outcome is hardly pleasing though.
>
>   Yes, pure color components never look very pleasing to the eye. Even if
> you want to use red, green and blue, always mix a bit of the other components
> into them as well! Rather than pure red, use a red with a slightly orange
> tint in it. Rather than pure green, use a green with a slightly yellowish
> tint. And so on. When you mix a tiny bit of pastel tints into your primary
> colors, they immediately become more pleasing to the eye.

What can I say? I suck at choosing colours...

Show me a set of colours, and I'll tell you whether it looks good or
not. Show me a blank screen, and buggered if I can think of a set of
colours that might look good.

(I have the exact same problem with writing music, by the way. Show me a
piece of music, and I can tell you exactly why it's cool. But given a
blank score, I can't write something that sounds cool.)