POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chaos continues : Re: The chaos continues Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The chaos continues
From: Warp
Date: 21 May 2009 04:16:29
Message: <4a150ddd@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Show me a set of colours, and I'll tell you whether it looks good or
> not. Show me a blank screen, and buggered if I can think of a set of
> colours that might look good.

  That's why you should use a color picker, such as the ones in image
manipulation programs (the Gimp, if you don't have anything else).
Choose a color which looks good, and then look its rgb values (the picker
will show them) and use those in your program.

  If you want to go really fancy, you could *test* the colors before using
them, such as by creating a gradient between two of the colors you chose,
to see how well they blend together.

--
                                                          - Warp