POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 1 to 10 of 126)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: The question continues
Date: 30 Jan 2010 09:16:40
Message: <4b643f48$1@news.povray.org>
And so, finally, 30 days into 2010, I actually get around to the part
where I actually sit down and look at jobs.

Man, if I threw together a CV saying "I am great good at teh computering
of in systems", employers would take one look at it and toss it in the
bin! And yet, a quick search online turns up gems like this:

"Key skills and experiences required for this role are:

Unix, Windows, Linux, Red Hat, Solaris, OS environments. [...]"

Newsflash: Linux *is* Unix. Red Hat *is* Linux. And ALL of the above
*are* "OS environments". Learn basic English! :-P

(I'm guessing whichever recruitement droid tapped this in didn't
actually have any clue what they're talking about, they just copied it
from somewhere.)

Another amusing moments include:

"Company name
RecruitementCons"

...?!

"ultants.com"

...ah. OK.

Anyway, at the moment the worrying thing is that a basic search for my
chosen target area turns up only jobs a significant physical distance

my experience level]. I guess the lower stuff just gets put in the local
paper or something rather than on Monster?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/