POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The quest continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The quest continues
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jan 2010 11:25:41
Message: <4b645d85@news.povray.org>
> It's a laugh a minute in here...

> "A degree is essential, not advantageous but essential."

> ...? It's not an advantage, but it is essentially? Perhaps you mean that
> it's not merely advantageous but actually essential? You're not
> explaining yourself very well.

  Maybe the person who wrote the sentence got the two words mixed up and
really meant "a degree is advantageous, not essential but advantageous".

> "Ideally you will have 1 year as a team lead of managing projects."

> Team lead of managing projects? I get what you mean, but that's some
> very strange grammar.

  Isn't "lead" often used a synonym for "leader"? But the sentence clearly
misses the word "experience" between "year" and "as".

> "The position is for someone who is interested in the progression to
> full team leader capacity. Hands on and hands off."

> No idea what that last is supposed to mean. It's not even a complete
> sentence!

  Those British figures of speech... Who could understand them?

> "We're ideally looking for someone who hasn't come from a small company
> and are used to large infrastructure."

> "Someone" is singular, "are" is plural. Your grammatical numbers do not
> agree.

  "Infrastructure" ought to be in plural as well.

> "Please apply asap to Tony Chapman. "

> I'm reasonably sure initialisms are supposed to be capitalised.

  I suppose that "asap" has practically become a word on its own right
in vernacular English.

> I could spend all day just cateloguing all the grammatical issues I've
> found, but the overall impression is one of carelessness and
> unprofessional people. If you place an ad worded as badly as these, what
> does that say to people about your company?

  That they are trendy young people?

--
                                                          - Warp