POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues : Re: The quest continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The quest continues
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Jan 2010 09:24:43
Message: <4b64412b@news.povray.org>
...and I fail at even getting the subject line correct. >_<

Another mouse-click, another gem:

"Systems Administrator - IT Infrastructure MS Windows Server 2003/​2008,
Exchange Server, Active Directory, Citrix, SQL Server, Global Financial
Investment Company are looking to recruit an experienced Systems
Administrator to design, implement, support, document and perform day to
day administration of all the companies Global Wintel Infrastructure.​"

That's one biiiig sentence, right there. And I'm pretty sure that's "all
company's Global Wintel Infrastructure". (Why is that a propper noun?)

"The successful candidate will be proficient in the following
technologies:.​ MS Server 2003/​2008.​ MS Exchange Server.​ MS Active
Directory.​ Citrix Infrastructure.​ SQL Server In addition "nice to
have" skill sets would include, VMware, MOM, SharePoint and SCOM.​ These
skills are an advantage but by no means essential.​"

Is this just copy-pasted from somewhere? It looks like that was
originally a bullet-point list, and somehow got brain-dumped as plain
text. But there really *should* be a full stop before the "In addition"
part. (At least there's a capital letter there! Otherwise it could be
quite unparsable...)

"This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation with
clear objectives and deliverables for 2010.​ The company offers
excellent career progression with varied and exciting projects.​"

Shouldn't *every* company have clear objectives and deliverables for
2010?? Sorry, I'm not too impressed by the workmanship of this advert.

"Please apply with CV at first instance for immediate consideration.​"

English really isn't your native language, is it?

I mean, seriously, this entire blurb is only a few lines long, and
you've still managed to get it wrong. And you expect me to put together
a 2-page CV which is immaculate and free of all error?

And I'm not supposed to hold *you* to the same standards because...?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/