POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Win help editors (Message 30 to 39 of 49)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Win help editors
Date: 6 Nov 2009 05:57:58
Message: <4af40136@news.povray.org>

> wireless connectivity. The surprising thing about it is that it's really,
> really damned FAST. I've never seen an inkjet so fast!

Yeh they're pretty fast now, especially for black&white text mine really
pumps out the pages at an impressive rate.  Printing photos on maximum
quality is another matter though.

>> MS Word offers it too AFAIK.
>
> I don't think it allows you to select odd/even pages or print them in
> reverse order. (I could be wrong, of course.) It allows you to select
> ranges, but I don't think it does more than that.

Hmmm, I just checked, my MS WOrd 2003 gives you the option for even/odd
pages, but nothing to reverse them.  My inkjet printer driver offers a
"print from last page" option though.

Post a reply to this message

>> and wireless connectivity. The surprising thing about it is that it's
>> really, really damned FAST. I've never seen an inkjet so fast!
>
> Yeh they're pretty fast now, especially for black&white text mine really
> pumps out the pages at an impressive rate.  Printing photos on maximum
> quality is another matter though.

Even pictures seem to print pretty fast on this thing. But then again,
that's not at photo-quality...

(My mum's inkjet takes about 20 minutes per sheet if you want
photo-quality on gloss paper.)

>>> MS Word offers it too AFAIK.
>>
>> I don't think it allows you to select odd/even pages or print them in
>> reverse order. (I could be wrong, of course.) It allows you to select
>> ranges, but I don't think it does more than that.
>
> Hmmm, I just checked, my MS WOrd 2003 gives you the option for even/odd
> pages, but nothing to reverse them.

OK, well it does slightly more than I thought then. But still not enough
for manual duplex. (Unless you fancy sorting the pages by hand...)

> My inkjet printer driver offers a "print from last page" option though.

Yeah, some print drivers give you basically nothing, while others let
you print N pages per sheet, do manual duplexing, collate pages, and
make a cup of tea...

Post a reply to this message