POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Nov 2009 10:09:31
Message: <4af43c2b$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Anyway, I see the reformatting as a disadvantage. PDF does give more
> control over how the information is presented, which can help the help
> author to make the text formatting more consistent as well as avoid some
> layout mishaps, which in turn allows the reader to grasp the information
> more easily.

I disagree.

> I'd say HTML is a poor tool for a coherent and inherently
> ordered set of pages like a software documentation.

Go spent three hours trying to figure out the 8-page railroad syntax
diagrams in the Oracle PDF manual, then come back to me. Now of course,
if this was HTML, it wouldn't be split across multiple pages. And you
could just directly to the part you're interested in instead of wading
through the irrelevant parts of this "coherent and inherently ordered
set of pages". :-P