POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  High rez versus high refresh... (Message 1 to 10 of 82)
From: Chambers
Subject: High rez versus high refresh...
Date: 21 Apr 2009 21:52:59
Message: <49ee787b$1@news.povray.org>
So I just watched a few movies on Blu Ray, on a 1080p TV that refreshed
at 120 Hz.

Specifically, "Sleepy Hollow," "Wall-E," and "TCoN: Prince Caspian."

And, my reaction in general was:

YIPPEE!

Seriously, the quality was absolutely astounding!  If I weren't already
trying to pay down my debt, I would be sorely tempted to go out and get
a new home theatre today :)

Of course, this brings me to the point of my post... that as nice as the
added resolution of 1080p is, it didn't do nearly as much for the
picture as having a 120Hz refresh rate.  The movement is absolutely
amazing!  I can't wait until video is recorded at this rate natively,
rather than interpolated by the TV!

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com