POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: Warp
Date: 23 Apr 2009 14:54:04
Message: <49f0b94b@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Oh, and it seems that 99.999% of the rabble don't even take the time to adjust
> their new whiz-bang LCD/plasma/OLED widescreen displays, and happily watch
> 'fat' people on TV all day long, without a clue. Yes, technology can be
> dangerous in the wrong hands! ;-)

  Oh, don't get me started on that.

  For some reason 99.999% of people have a pathological obsession that
the image MUST fill the entire screen, no matter what. At least horizontally.
I have yet to meet the person who doesn't complain loudly if the TV image
does not fill the widescreen display horizontally.

  With some people this obsession goes to baffling levels. For instance,
they just *can't see* that the image is stretched. Even if you point it
out, they just deny seeing any stretching or anything wrong, no matter
how obvious it is.

  A stretched image bothers me a lot. I just *can't* watch anything if
the image is stretched. It just looks wrong and annoying. It seems that
I'm the only person in the world with this problem, though.

--
                                                          - Warp