POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Apr 2009 15:17:02
Message: <49f0beae@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   A stretched image bothers me a lot. I just *can't* watch anything if
> the image is stretched. It just looks wrong and annoying. It seems that
> I'm the only person in the world with this problem, though.

The distortion annoys me, too. The main reason to have the screen filled
instead of "pillar boxed" is if you have a CRT screen like mine it will
cause burn-in, but now that most of what I watch is HD and fills the
screen anyway, I don't care too much, and have set my TV to display 4:3
stuff at 4:3 now. At least Sony's stretch didn't distort too horribly.
It did a mild stretch and pushed the top and bottom of the image into
overscan.

But it's completely unnecessary for LCD...

--
~Mike