POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:02:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Apr 2009 16:42:54
Message: <49f0d2ce@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:54:04 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   With some people this obsession goes to baffling levels. For instance,
> they just *can't see* that the image is stretched. Even if you point it
> out, they just deny seeing any stretching or anything wrong, no matter
> how obvious it is.

I run into this now that we've moved to a home theatre projector and a
16:9 screen.  I find I'm always fiddling to reset the setting my stepson
has left.

Though in fairness, I tend for the two anamorphic settings because they
generally work well, but I have run into a few DVDs where that didn't
work.

Jim