POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  The source (Message 11 to 20 of 31)
From: scott
Subject: Re: The source
Date: 14 Apr 2009 11:34:51
Message: <49e4ad1b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Because they don't expect anyone in a business setting to go through that
>> manually, and they couldn't be bothered to actively change it for the few
>> business people who see it.
>
> Yeah, I guess that's it. Why build a business edition when a large
> business can customise it themselves?

I suspect the business edition is mainly just a way to get more money.  The
settings and what's included or not probably only took one person a few
minutes to decide :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 14 Apr 2009 11:37:20
Message: <49e4adb0$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, I guess that's it. Why build a business edition when a large
>> business can customise it themselves?
>
> I suspect the business edition is mainly just a way to get more money.
> The settings and what's included or not probably only took one person a
> few minutes to decide :-)

Quite likely, yes...

Still frustrating though. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 14 Apr 2009 11:43:10
Message: <49e4af0e@news.povray.org>
> Still frustrating though. :-P

Installing and setting up any version of Windows manually is time-consuming
and often frustrating, luckily for most users (who install it themselves)
they only need to do it very rarely.

If you are in a position where you have to do this quite regularly for lots
of machines then you are doing it wrong!  The Windows OS installer as you
describe is not designed to be used for that situation, there are much
easier ways!  Do you think every new machine at, say, Ford has some IT guy
sat there for 2 hours while the OS installs and he then sets everything up?

Post a reply to this message