POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zbrush? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Zbrush? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Zbrush?
Date: 1 Apr 2009 07:22:36
Message: <49d34e7c$1@news.povray.org>
Not *entirely* off-topic, but...eh.

So.  This Zbrush thing.  I've seen some absolutely spectacular
creatures/characters people seem to have just whipped up like it's no big
deal with this thing, and have in the past tried playing around with it with
not much luck.  It's hardly intuitive, requiring actually going through its
tutorials just to get started.  Question is:  does anybody else here use it,
is it worth it, and so forth?  Only reason I want to use it is the modelling
software with which I'm familiar (that'd be Moray) consistently crashes when
trying to edit a mesh in it, and its mesh editing is very primitive.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Not *entirely* off-topic, but...eh.
>
> So.  This Zbrush thing.  I've seen some absolutely spectacular
> creatures/characters people seem to have just whipped up like it's no big
> deal with this thing, and have in the past tried playing around with it
with
> not much luck.  It's hardly intuitive, requiring actually going through
its
> tutorials just to get started.  Question is:  does anybody else here use
it,
> is it worth it, and so forth?  Only reason I want to use it is the
modelling
> software with which I'm familiar (that'd be Moray) consistently crashes
when
> trying to edit a mesh in it, and its mesh editing is very primitive.

Yes, ZBrush has a rather quirky interface, for some of us anyway - there are
those who seriously prefer ZBrush/Blender/Lightwave style interfaces. If
it's mainly mesh sculpting that you need, I find that Mudbox has a much
nicer, cleaner interface.

Post a reply to this message