POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  My toy (Message 46 to 55 of 85)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: My toy
Date: 3 Mar 2009 11:47:41
Message: <49ad5f2d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>>> Does one exist?
>>
>> C# Maahahaahh ... hahaah.. hah.. <cough> heh.
>
> Isn't that based on C? (And hence inherantly "not easy".)

OK, then, VB.Net!

>>> (E.g., if you wanted to do something compute-bound, now the GUI stops
>>> responding until the compute task finishes.)
>>
>> Huh? Do it on a background thread!
>
> And now you have to manage thread coordination problems. :-}
>
> But yeah, maybe I'll get to have a go at this some day... when I'm
> feeling brave.

Not too bad, if you don't have multiple threads sharing the same data

> Nooo - the hardest part is drawing thousands of tile images to make the
> game work. :-P

How so? Especially in C# ... That's really the simple part.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Mar 2009 11:48:41
Message: <49ad5f69$1@news.povray.org>
>>> C# Maahahaahh ... hahaah.. hah.. <cough> heh.
>>
>> Isn't that based on C? (And hence inherantly "not easy".)
>
> OK, then, VB.Net!

IT BURNS!! >_<

>> Nooo - the hardest part is drawing thousands of tile images to make
>> the game work. :-P
>
> How so? Especially in C# ... That's really the simple part.

Really?

Are *you* good at drawing stuff? Because *I* suck at it! :-P

Post a reply to this message

>>> Isn't that based on C? (And hence inherantly "not easy".)
>>
>> OK, then, VB.Net!
>
> IT BURNS!! >_<
>
>>> Nooo - the hardest part is drawing thousands of tile images to make
>>> the game work. :-P
>>
>> How so? Especially in C# ... That's really the simple part.
>
> Really?
>
> Are *you* good at drawing stuff? Because *I* suck at it! :-P

Somewhat ... But the designs aren't that tough:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/MahjongTiles.JPG

OK, The chinese characters would be a challenge to get right but the
dots, etc... are fairly simple.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>>> Isn't that based on C? (And hence inherantly "not easy".)
>>
>> OK, then, VB.Net!
>
> IT BURNS!! >_<

Oh, then C# then ;) Maybe J#? Or Managed C++?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message