POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And again... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  And again... (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: And again...
Date: 25 Feb 2009 05:46:35
Message: <49a5218b@news.povray.org>
I don't believe it.

Our manager is asking why half his network drives are missing. On
investigation, I discover the reason: somebody has replaced his existing
logon script with a brand new one. Written in VB.

You may recall me explaining how the other sites have hundred-line VB
scripts that do absurd amounts of processing at logon. Well, it seems
from this latest development that they intend to push this suboptimal
"solution" onto everybody.

I am so damned *angry* that they would **** around with my systems
without even bothering to warn me. And the thing is, their fancy, whizzy
logon script doesn't *work* properly! And that leaves me with two choices:

1. Wade through a few miles of VB in an attempt to figure out why their
overcomplicated script is broken.

2. Revert it back to the 3-line logon script that I wrote which works
properly.

Option #1 is clearly unsatisfactory, and option #2 is likely to get me
yelled at. I love my job...

Post a reply to this message