POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And again... : Re: And again... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And again...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Feb 2009 10:50:43
Message: <49a568d3$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:13:58 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> St. wrote:
>> Lol, I'd be in the wars at your place. :)
>>
>>  Just change it back to your script.
>
> Clearly they changed it to add a new drive. If I change it back, we'll
> lose that drive. (Although I can easily add it to my script.)
>
> It just makes me angry that they can just silently *change* stuff like
> this without warning me. Now when somebody's login script falls over, I
> have *no clue* what the problem is. Thanks, guys.
>
> I'm also currently fighting a procedure document problem. Our director
> of IT has noticed that I recently revised two local UK procedure
> documents, so he wants those to be "retired immediately".
>
> Still, our QA manager suggested that he was going to reply to that
> particular request in two words - only one of which is inoffensive.
> (After all, there's nothing wrong with "off"...) It seems I'm not the
> only one who's irritated.

Use that to your advantage.  Seriously.  That the QA manager is upset
about this as well gives you additional leverage to say "this is what my
procedures are supposed to prevent, but nobody follows them and now the
users are being affected by these random changes being introduced into
the systems by the other admins without them telling me about it".

Jim