POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Dr POV-Ray (Message 81 to 90 of 176)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Dr POV-Ray
Date: 20 Feb 2009 17:21:16
Message: <499f2cdc$1@news.povray.org>
>> I guess I'm still smarting from that guy yelling at me because I keep
>> asking how rank-2 types work and I still can't get my head around it.
>
> You need to sit down interactively with someone. There were a handful of
> things I just couldn't grok until I got someone more expert to give me a
> clue, then it all fell into place.  (LISP being one of those, for example.)

Yeah, well... not much danger of that. ;-)

>> Actually, I'm still not really comprehending why double-entry book
>> keeping is really relevant to a computer science degree, but still...
>
> It's as relevant as anything else. Computer science (such as it is)
> doesn't solve any problems on its own. :-)

See, I don't give a **** about solving real-world problems. I only care
about solving "interesting" problems. ;-)

This is possibly why I'm so unemployable... :-/

>> is another qualification going to be different?
>
> Because in getting that qualification, you get introduced to all the
> people working in the fields that interest you.

I don't think anybody is "working" with Haskell. (As in, getting paid
money to use it.) I could be wrong, but it seems pretty rare.

>>> and will have many more employment options once you are done.
>> I currently doubt this one.
>
> OK, put it this way...  So what? You're not finding any good jobs now.
> After, if you still don't find any good jobs, what did you lose?

Several thousand pounds in debts? Several years of my life? Possibly my
sanity? :-} (Did you *see* the links I posted?)

>> I'm thinking I might make a list of cool stuff just for the hell of
>> it, actually. :-D
>
> You definitely should.

Meh. I tried making a list of cool things, and it ended up having
entries like "complex numbers. Because you can calculate stuff with
them!" Pretty retarded, eh?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/