POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:39:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: triple r
Date: 20 Feb 2009 17:50:00
Message: <web.499f3387ce2515f163a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
> > Plus, you'll meet girls. :-)
>
> Oh. My. GOD! >_<
>
> You cannot *possibly* expect me to take anything else you say seriously
> now, can you? :-P

Now we all know it's the truth, but you might want to play that one down, at
least until you're in:

http://ccartier.blogspot.com/2009/01/rejected-stanford-bschool-essay.html

> Heh. Actually, a few weeks back I did look at MSRC. But I couldn't
> figure out what they were talking about. I surmised this probably means
> I'm too stupid to be there. :-}

That doesn't mean your stupid [sic].  I'm sure many people in the field couldn't
understand it because they haven't worked on it.  What's important is whether
you can learn it, not whether you already know it.

> Much as it would be fun to meet the legendary Simon PJ, I rather doubt
> they have any PhD openings to do with Haskell right about now.

Don't doubt it.  Find out, and you might find something else interesting along
the way.

> > 4) Profit!
>
> Anybody know the origins of this curios meme?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnomes_(South_Park_episode)

 - Ricky