POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Dr POV-Ray (Message 11 to 20 of 176)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Dr POV-Ray
Date: 20 Feb 2009 08:26:43
Message: <499EAF87.1030003@hotmail.com>
On 20-2-2009 13:38, Invisible wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> On the other hand, if you get a doctorate in education, you can
>> actually be as dumb as a half-moldy cup of yogurt, and you still won't
>> get fired for anything short of a felony.
>>
>> As proof I offer the U.S. public school system.
>
> I actually have no idea what you're talking about - although spending 3
> years evaluating the intelligence of a half-mouldy cup of yogurt does
> seem like an amusing prospect. ;-)

John had some problems with below average IQ and EQ people when he was
teaching, that is why he isn't anymore.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 Feb 2009 08:30:27
Message: <499eb073$1@news.povray.org>
>> The question is: Do you think I should do a PhD?
>
> Yes, but not in computer science. I suggest something applied. Not
> because you like it, but because you could be good at it and it would
> force you to meet other people.

So, what you're saying is, I'd be doing something I don't want to do,
and being forced to get yelled at by a bunch of people? And yet you
expect me to be "good" at this? Hmm...

>> I seem to vaguely recall somebody (I forget who) claiming to know who
>> to go to for this kind of thing, and offering to help me arrange it.
>
> If you had an MSc I am pretty sure I could have arranged it. With a BSc
> it may require a bit more work.

Heh, oh well.

> Oh, and it would require you to not live with your mother anymore.

Not living with the She Devil sounds dreamy. Having to copy with a whole
bunch of other stuff sounds less inviting.

Post a reply to this message