POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Feb 2009 08:30:27
Message: <499eb073$1@news.povray.org>
>> The question is: Do you think I should do a PhD?
>
> Yes, but not in computer science. I suggest something applied. Not
> because you like it, but because you could be good at it and it would
> force you to meet other people.

So, what you're saying is, I'd be doing something I don't want to do,
and being forced to get yelled at by a bunch of people? And yet you
expect me to be "good" at this? Hmm...

>> I seem to vaguely recall somebody (I forget who) claiming to know who
>> to go to for this kind of thing, and offering to help me arrange it.
>
> If you had an MSc I am pretty sure I could have arranged it. With a BSc
> it may require a bit more work.

Heh, oh well.

> Oh, and it would require you to not live with your mother anymore.

Not living with the She Devil sounds dreamy. Having to copy with a whole
bunch of other stuff sounds less inviting.