POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dr POV-Ray : Re: Dr POV-Ray Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dr POV-Ray
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Feb 2009 08:53:21
Message: <499eb5d1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, everybody seemed to think that once I had a degree, people would
>> be falling over themselves to be the first to employ me.
>
> Maybe a few decades ago, but not anymore.

I thought it was more like a few centuries?

>> Why is another qualification going to be different?
>
> Becuase unlike degrees, hardly anyone has a PhD, it makes you stand out
> from the crowd (which a degree *used* to do).

Hey, if *I* can actually get one, it can't be that rare.

>>> Because you will enjoy doing it
>>
>> If it's true, that would be a valid reason.
>
> Well presumably you would choose to do study a subject you enjoyed...

Uh, well yeah, but you generally don't find out whether you enjoy
something until after you've started doing it?

>> I'm thinking I might make a list of cool stuff just for the hell of
>> it, actually. :-D
>
> Yes, I want to see another thread with "List of things I enjoy" :-)

Your wish is my comonad!

Er, wait...

C... co... comonoid... coroutine... covarience...

...parley?

Ah, YES! Parley. Parley.