POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guilty Pleasure: Erasure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Guilty Pleasure: Erasure (Message 10 to 19 of 29)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Guilty Pleasure: Erasure
Date: 16 Feb 2009 10:47:49
Message: <49998aa5@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Exhibit A: Smash Mouth.

I'm one of the few I think that enjoy Smash Mouth.

> Exhibit B: Jem.

Never heard of ...

> Exhibit C: I'd say Pendulum, but that's definitely an aqcuired taste.

Never heard of...
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 16 Feb 2009 10:49:41
Message: <49998b15$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> There seemed to be a time when pop music wasn't so horrid. Maybe I'm
> idealizing the past a bit.... but it certainly seems that way.

I can remember a time when I used to hear a new tune on the radio, and
actually be excited about it because it sounded neat. [*cough* On the
other hand, that was usually because it was 2 Unlimited...]

These days, I don't even bother listening to the radio.

Post a reply to this message

> These days, I don't even bother listening to the radio.

Yeah, pretty much. There was a station that played a lot of 80's music.
Supposedly they're the same format now, but all they do is play crap all
the time, now. Not worth listening to, now.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> These days, I don't even bother listening to the radio.
>
> Yeah, pretty much. There was a station that played a lot of 80's music.
> Supposedly they're the same format now, but all they do is play crap all
> the time, now. Not worth listening to, now.

I also don't watch TV any more.

I swear there used to be *interesting* programs. Stuff like Rough
Science, Scrapheap Challange, Local Heroes, Discovery, Horizon, Wildlife
on One, etc. Now all there seems to be is "reality" shows. (Uh, 12
people locked in a room for 6 weeks? What's "real" about that??)

Post a reply to this message