POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guilty Pleasure: Erasure : Re: Guilty Pleasure: Erasure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guilty Pleasure: Erasure
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Feb 2009 15:22:11
Message: <4999caf3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Exhibit A: Smash Mouth.
>
> I'm one of the few I think that enjoy Smash Mouth.

My dad introduced me.

Actually, my dad listens to more new stuff than I do. o_O

>> Exhibit B: Jem.
>
> Never heard of ...

Her first album was really quite fun. Arguably a little samey, but
enjoyable to listen to. Her second is... depressing. Every single song
is a sad song. I don't know why she changed direction...

>> Exhibit C: I'd say Pendulum, but that's definitely an aqcuired taste.
>
> Never heard of...

Imagine a high-wattage baseline, thunderous drum loops, and a snarling
synth lead. That's basically the template to every track they've ever
produced.

Their first album was alright, but most of the tunes are fairly "thin".
(As in, there's not much to them.) Their new album is much better. I'm
currently kinda addicted...

http://www.pendulum.com/

You'll get the idea. ;-)

--