POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guilty Pleasure: Erasure : Re: Guilty Pleasure: Erasure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guilty Pleasure: Erasure
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 16 Feb 2009 12:24:06
Message: <op.upgfyztimn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:49:29 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> There seemed to be a time when pop music wasn't so horrid. Maybe I'm
>> idealizing the past a bit.... but it certainly seems that way.
>
> I can remember a time when I used to hear a new tune on the radio, and
> actually be excited about it because it sounded neat. [*cough* On the
> other hand, that was usually because it was 2 Unlimited...]
>
> These days, I don't even bother listening to the radio.

I catch some of the new stuff and admittedly at times it can seem quite
good or catchy; perhaps what I meant to say in a less tongue in cheek
voice was that nothing that's come out after 1990 is memorable for me
(unless cover/produced...) I just don't find myself humming anything
recent. IDK so much seems to have been tailored and tweaked to such a
gleaming 'perfection' it doesn't seem like music to me. Closest I've got
is the catch in Beyonce's Crazy in Love and I swear I've heard that before
a long time ago.

Oh side-track one of the things about getting stuck in stupid queues is
realising that of the 7 minute long Hey Jude the last 4 minutes of it is
just Na na na's :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com