POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  You know it's been a cold winter when... (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Subject: You know it's been a cold winter when...
Date: 5 Feb 2009 10:21:38
Message: <498b0402$1@news.povray.org>
You step outside in the morning and think, "Hey, it's kind of warm this

last week where it may have gone just above the freezing point.  It honestly
felt really warm.  LOL.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
Date: 5 Feb 2009 11:22:12
Message: <498b1234@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:21:37 -0500, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> You step outside in the morning and think, "Hey, it's kind of warm this
> morning," only to realize later that it was less than 20° F.
>
> Lots of sub zero (° F) temps for the last month.  I think we had one day
> last week where it may have gone just above the freezing point.  It
> honestly felt really warm.  LOL.

It's funny how that works, isn't it?  My wife and I went out the other
day to go chat with our neighbours, and she put on a fairly heavy coat; I
went out wearing a T-shirt.

It was 37F outside at the time.  She declared it cold, but I thought it
was really nice out.

But 37F in October or November is *freezing*.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote in message
> You step outside in the morning and think, "Hey, it's kind of warm this

> last week where it may have gone just above the freezing point.  It
> honestly felt really warm.  LOL.

It was a rather balmy +3C the other morning, yet I was out front for morning
coffee and cig wearing a hoodie. Two days earlier wouldn't dare go out
unless I was wearing at least 4 layers. Can't wait for April .....

Post a reply to this message