POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 5 Feb 2009 13:57:24
Message: <498b3694$1@news.povray.org>
news:498b33fc$1@news.povray.org...

> I have video footage of me standing outside in my pyjamas, bare foot, in
> several inches of snow.
>
> Let me repeat that: My bare feet are immersed in actual ice. The air
> temperature is several degrees below freezing.
>
> And yet... it didn't seem all that cold. WTF?! Not sure how that's

> my hands and feet are numb with cold. And I'm wearing multiple layers!

I went on a business trip (partly business) to Tucson, Arizona a few years

would sweat through my shirt every single day, and yet I would see other
people, including my co-workers, perfectly dry.  Apparently, it's just
another one of those things that people adjust to.  I think I'm more
cold-adjusted.